Also Serving San Jose & San Francisco
If you are looking for a practice in the Bay Area that offers a wide variety of laser resurfacing treatments, look no further than Hessler Plastic Surgery in Palo Alto. The medical professionals at Hessler Plastic Surgery customize their treatments to each patient’s needs and specific concerns.
What is Fraxel Laser?
- Fraxel is a laser resurfacing treatment that provides patients with non-invasive options to address many forms of aging
How do I know if Fraxel is right for me?
- If you are looking to improve the appearance of deep lines and wrinkles
- If you would like to erase unwanted pigmentation
- If you would like to improve the appearance of acne and/or surgical scars
- If you would simply like to preserve the youthful appearance of your skin for a longer period of time
What can I expect post Fraxel?
- Following your treatment with Fraxel Dual, you may have some redness and/or swelling for up to 5 days.
- If you are being treated for pigmentation, you may notice a lift in the pigmentation beginning 2 or 3 days after the treatment and lasting about 5-7 days.
- We ask that you wait for 5-7days before using any kind of exfoliant such as retinol, retinA, glycolic acid following your fraxel laser treatment
How many Fraxel treatments will I need?
- Typically, patients treating pigmentation will need 2 treatments.
- If treating fine lines and wrinkles, you can expect to need about 3 treatments.
- When treating acne scars, surgical scars, or stretch marks with the laser some patients need up to 5 treatments.
How should I prepare for Fraxel laser treatment?
- Before and after your Fraxel laser treatment you should avoid sun exposure and wear a physical sunscreen
- If you have dark skin or pigment easily it is best to use a brightening product such as Hydroquinone or Lytera for 2-4 weeks prior to your Fraxel laser treatment
- After your Fraxel laser treatment you should use a heavy moisturizer for the first few days. You will notice your skin feels very dry and rough for the first 3-5 days following your Fraxel laser treatment.
To learn more, call our office to schedule a complimentary Fraxel laser treatment consultation with one of our aesthetic nurses.